Last modified: 2nd May, 2019
MAT Platform and MAT Services
MAT offers certain research and information exchange platform services through the MAT Platform (“MAT Services”). If you have contractually engaged MAT to receive the MAT Services, you will be provided an account (“MAT Account”) to access the MAT Platform to receive and utilize the MAT Services available thereon.
Platform Use: Manufacturer Portal. The Manufacturer Portal on the MAT Platform allows manufacturers to develop, manage, implement, and review surveys and clarification requests and responses. Through the Manufacturer Portal, Manufacturers can also manage documents and disclaimers, and review their credit breakdown.
Platform Use: Payer Portal. The Payer Portal on the MAT Platform allows payers to access and respond to surveys and related documents, request clarification to questions, manage your payer profile, and review your survey response and payment history.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
If you are provided with an MAT Account user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. Your MAT Account is personal to you and you agree not to provide any other person with access to the Website or MAT Platform. You agree to notify us immediately (but in no event more than twenty-four (24) hours following discovery) of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your MAT Account at the end of each session. Please use caution when accessing your MAT Account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
In the Manufacturer Portal or Payer Portal you may be able to make some changes to your MAT Account profile. Certain changes that require MAT authorization can be requested.
User Generated Content: Ownership and Use
You may use the MAT Platform to upload certain documents or other content for the purposes of receiving the MAT Services (“User Generated Content”). When uploading content, you represent and warrant that you are exclusive owner of the content or have secured the necessary rights or permissions to submit the content. User Generated Content submitted by manufacturers in the form of surveys and supporting documents (“Manufacturer User Generated Content”) shall be exclusively owned by manufacturers, unless otherwise set forth in a manufacturer’s services agreement with MAT. By uploading Manufacturer User Generated Content, manufacturers acknowledge and agree that payers may access and view such content for the sole purpose of providing survey responses in connection with the MAT Services. Any reproduction or other use of Manufacturer User Generated Content by payer is in violation of this agreement and the intellectual property rights of manufacturer, for which payer is solely liable and MAT bears no liability whatsoever. User Generated Content submitted by payers in the form of survey responses shall be exclusively owned by MAT.
Website Content and Intellectual Property Rights
Other than User Generated Content, all Website and MAT Platform content, features, and functionality thereon, including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof), are owned by MAT, its affiliated entities, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
No right, title or interest in or to the content of the Website or MAT Platform is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by MAT. Any use of the Website and MAT Platform not expressly permitted by this Agreement is a breach hereof and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Market Access Transformation and the terms MAT, RAPID PAYER RESPONSE, RPR, all logos, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website and MAT Platform are registered and unregistered trademarks and trade names of MAT or its affiliated entities or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of MAT. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Use the MAT Platform or the materials and documents available thereon for any purpose other than to receive the MAT Services.
- Use the Website or the MAT Platform in any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- Use the Website or the MAT Platform for the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- Transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate MAT, one of our employees, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website or the MAT Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Website or the MAT Platform or expose them to liability.
- Use the Website or MAT Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website or MAT Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or MAT Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website or MAT Platform.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website or MAT Platform, the server on which the Website or MAT Platform is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website or MAT Platform.
- Attack the Website or MAT Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or MAT Platform
- Use the Website or MAT Platform in any way that is in violation of any contract or agreement between you and MAT.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is provided for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. Any information you access through the MAT Services on the MAT Platform is provided to you pursuant to the terms of your services agreement with MAT as either a manufacturer or a payer.
Linking to the Website and Social Media Features
The Website and MAT Platform may not be linked to or framed without authorization. The Website may contain certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on the Website or MAT Platform.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on the Website or MAT Platform.
- Cause limited portions of content on the Website or Platform to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website, MAT Platform, or portions thereof to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other website.
- Link to any part of the Website or MAT Platform other than the homepage.
Links to Third Party Websites
If the Website or MAT Platform contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Part or all of the MAT Platform or the MAT Service may be periodically unavailable during scheduled maintenance or unscheduled downtime (collectively, “Downtime”). MAT is not liable or responsible for any inconvenience or losses as a result of Downtime.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
Disclaimer of Warranties. We take reasonable steps to provide secure, timely, accurate and complete information on the Website and MAT Platform. However, it is possible that information contained or made available on the Website may be incorrect or not current. Further, the Internet has inherent risks and we cannot guarantee that your access to and use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Website, MAT Platform, or sites to which they may link, will be free from loss, corruption, attack, interference, hacking or other security intrusion. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our sites for any reconstruction of any lost data.
If you notice any errors or omissions in the information contained on the Website or the MAT Platform, please report them to us for investigation.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND MAT PLATFORM AND THE CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE AND MAT PLATFORM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED, EXPRESSED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, IS GIVEN WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, THE MAT PLATFORM, OR THE CONTENT OR ANY HYPERLINKS PROVIDED THEREON.
Limitation of Liability. MAT AND ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (THE “MAT PARTIES”) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE MAT PLATFORM, OR ANY CONTENT PROVIDED THEREON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE OR MAT PLATFORM OR YOUR PROVISION OF INFORMATION TO THE WEBSITE OR MAT PLATFORM, EXCEPT THAT THE FOREGOING SHALL NOT PRECLUDE RECOVERY OF DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION CAUSED BY THE MAT PARTIES’ NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS, FRAUD OR OTHER WILFUL, UNCONSCIONABLE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT. NOTHING HEREIN SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO LIMIT THE CLEARLY ESTABLISHED LEGAL RIGHT OF A CONSUMER TO RECOVER ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER REMEDIES AFFORDED BY STATUTE OR OTHER LAW.
The foregoing Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification provisions shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Changes to These Terms
Waiver and Severability
Entire Agreement and Conflicting Provisions
Your Comments and Concerns
If you have comments, questions or requests for technical support, please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.